The Legends of Future
Don’t tell me you missed out on looking at the most aww-adorable 1-year-old munchkin Chef-Kobe!!!
Kobe not only surprises everybody with his innocent handling of the pots and eatables but the reactions he makes on every step takes your heart away. The child is no less than a prodigy to hook over 1.4 Million followers on Instagram to see what he makes.
Although assisted in a great way by his parents through the preparation and recipes, his cuddly cheeks steal the show.
And you gotta be kidding me if you didn’t hear about the little Kicha (Nihal Raj) who is conquering hearts through his passion for cooking and the ease with which he enjoys performing in the cookery videos without a script! This talent-house hails from Kerala, India.
I would like you to ponder over something now. When we water a plant properly in the bud stage, would it not flourish for a longer period? Obviously YES! Cooking is the most basic life skill, and if taught early promotes a positive attitude and enjoyment for life.
The skill of cooking might turn out to be the biggest source of pride for the adolescent.
Any kitchen is like a learning lab for children, where they are encouraged to involve all of their senses.
Get your kids cooking at a young age and you gift them the most important prowess of life. The Lifetime Gift! I mean tell me one person in the entire universe who does not eat? And what better than to cook your own meal? I think it makes complete sense!!! Doesn’t it?
Patience is a key skill required in the kitchen space. Ask your kid to wash up some veggies and transfer in a pot. Teach them to watch the veggies until cooked/ tender. Trust me they will learn the art of- “Waiting for something”. You show me a better activity to teach them patience. I’d love to hear from you. Delayed Gratification (wink)
Needless to mention, that through this skill; the value of money will be programmed in your toddler’s being at a very early age. They will be like- “Mommy! If we can cook up amazing food at home then what’s the point in eating out?
Cooking is all about living and feeling your ingredients. The idea about healthy foods and healthy cooking methods will go deep in the mind and all by itself, the kid will choose healthy over junk. Doesn’t this sound great to all the parents out there?
Well, what’s more for the kids? Language, cognitive, personal awareness, socio-emotional, fine, and even gross motor skills are refined when they undertake activities such as chopping, pouring, grating etc.
Let me not bombard you with loads of information now. Enough!!! LOL. Cooking is simple and good old- fashioned fun. Period!!!
Akshay Nand’s tips
• Let the kids be around in the kitchen and observe. At that tender age, they need supervision, but let them explore and learn on their own under you.
• If you grow your own vegetables (which if you do is fabulous!), have your kids be in charge of it. Allow them to water them and pick their foods.
• Once they’ve picked the food, help them come up with a recipe/ dish they can call their own.
• Get them involved in the dish preparation. Let them name it on their own, so they really get invested in the process.
• Teach them the nuances of taste as they cook. Help them fall in love with their creation as you go!
• Let your child present his/ her dish to the rest of the family members so that everybody knows that they prepared it, and not you. Appreciate/ Applaud them. Help make them feel proud of their cooking by giving them small memoirs from time to time.
• Let’s raise self- sustainable adults who know how to make something other than a bowl of cereal or a cup of Maggi!
Trust me! Tell them, “It’s fun, and you get to eat something yummy at the end.” And let the magic unfold!
Stay happy with FOOD! If finding difficulty in doing that, then anchor me!!!
Until next time!